Thursday, April 22, 2010

Celebrate Good Times, Come On!!!!

 UPDATE:  I've been told I confused people with this post.  To clarify, I am not cancer free.  The cancer is still in my left breast.  (Though much smaller so rejoice in that!)  The spot on my right breast was found in an MRI after my diganosis and yesterdsay is was determined that it wasn't cancer.  So, still be happy and thankful that there is no cancer in the right breast!  Sorry for the confusion

I went in today for the MRI guided biopsy of the spot the breast MRI found about a month and a half ago and guess what? It was gone!! As in no longer there! So they didn’t have to do the biopsy after all. How awesome is that?! The doctor said that sometimes hormonal changes cause spots to show up and then they disappear. I think that is what they have to say because they can’t say that all of the prayers everyone is sending my way are working!


Again, everyone I dealt with there was fabulous. This was actually a location of Austin Radiological Association that I had never been to before. It’s about the fifth location I have been t o and I always have a great experience with the staff. This doctor was no exception. I could actually see honest compassion and concern in his eyes as he came into the room to tell me what to expect and then honest elation when he was able to tell me nothing was there anymore.

For those of you who have never had a breast MRI before, it feels sort of like you are a car on one of those racks going in for service. Seriously. You lay down on your stomach, put your boobs though two little holes which they then compress and then the table lifts up and moves you into the MRI machine. You have to be completely still until the whole thing is done. About 30-45 minutes. About half way through is when your nose starts itching or when you realize your panties have somehow inched their way up your hiney even though you haven’t moved. Well, maybe that last one is just me. It’s not bad and doesn’t hurt (remember I didn’t have to do the biopsy after all) but the whole thing is a little comical.

So today was a good day. But as one of my favorite cancer ass kickers taught me, everyday above the ground is a good day. Indeed it is Mr. Flippo. Indeed it is.

So go hug someone you love, high five a stranger (please don’t get those two confused as I will not be held responsible for any assault charges), dance around, laugh uncontrollably, and just do something really silly.

Love to all.

8 comments:

  1. We all know its the prayers!! Mr. Flippo is a smart man indeed!! Glad to hear things are going well. Much love and many prayers comin' your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing like the Power of Prayers! So....I believe that's at least Crystal 3..... Cancer SUCK IT! Thanks to all you wonderful friends and family that are following this blog and raising Crystal up in prayer. Let's all keep praying for continue results like this and thanking God for answer prayers. AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kathryn CunninghamApril 23, 2010 at 7:18 AM

    I'm dancing and praising the Lord! I am so so happy for YOU and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank God for his healing hands and thank God for you. I love you Crystal. So, so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understood you weren't cancer free (YET) but am so thankful you are not fighting anymore of this than you originally knew. I wish it was the case that you were cancer free, but I truly believe that will be the case when you finish this round of chemo and treatment plan. You have so many people caring and praying for you and that doesn't just happen....it's because you are an incredible daughter, wife, mother, sister, granddaughter, friend and niece. You are awesome! Keep fighting this as you are with your attitude and faith and we all look forward to the victory party at the end. Whoo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooooo-Hooooo :) Prayer is an amazing thing that we have been given. It's working for you, as we all knew it would and will continue doing. Tonight is my breast cancer walk. Every lap I do, I'm doing for you and all the others that are "Kicking Ass!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo! I'm so thankful you didn't have to go through all of that again. God is Good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praise the lord. Our prayers have been answered and I known they will continue to be. I am so happy for you.My love to you all.

    ReplyDelete