Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Um, yeah, I don't remember yesterday's post so...

Must have had some powerful drugs yesterday. What I do remember from yesterday isn't very clear. :) I actually woke up a couple of times last night believing that the port gave me supersonic hearing powers! I was disappointed when I realized this morning it was just the drugs. No supersonic hearing, just a big hickey looking bruise on my neck and lots of pain. (Picture of hickey attached.)

I had chemo class this morning. It was good to see where we would actually be and to know what to expect. My chemo got pushed back to next week. They don't want to risk infection of the drain and want me to heal before I start. I get the drain out on Monday.  All though, I was anxious to get it started, I'm glad I will have another week to rest up. Past couple of days have been pretty exhausting. Since I can't lift the kids, Doodle is going to take over Wednesday morning and they are staying at her house until Kevin picks them up Thursday afternoon. Kaia will be so excited to "spend at Doodle's." I'll miss them but having them here when I can't help take care of them is harder than them being a way! Then my folks are coming up Thursday night and will be here for the weekend to help Kevin out. We are so thankful to have help!
Kaia has seen my ouchies and is pretty curious but doesn't really understand. Kevin and I tried to explain some to her yesterday (as much as you can to a two year old) and told her if she has any questions never be afraid to ask. She did have a question, "Sorry, mommy." How heartbreaking! She thinks the bulb on my drain looks like Caleb’s breathing treatments so she wasn’t freaked out. Kevin is doing a fabulous job taking care of her and Caleb and I know they are happy to have him around after he's worked so many long hours the past few months. Yet another plus of cancer. (Oh yeah, there are some pluses but I'll save that for another post!)

I had another MRI for the liver area and a bone scan today. Everyone I have met has been so fabulous and nice (one of those pluses I mentioned). I'm really sore from the biopsy and port placement yesterday and everyone was very cautious of that. Thank goodness for good medical staff!!!

Kevin and I went out this past Saturday for a last "normal" night out for a while before I start chemo. I'm so glad we did! It was great to hang out with friends. Then Sunday we took the kids to meet up with Doodle and Nolan at Kiddie Acres, a small amusement park. They had a blast! Even Caleb really enjoyed himself especially since Kaia shared her ice cream with him! :) Making memories.

Love to all!!


4 comments:

  1. Man, so sorry to hear about the no supersonic hearing. I am truly amazed at your courage, strength and overall attitude about all of this. That and your love for your family is what will get you through this.

    Will continue to pray for good results on the bone scan and liver MRI.

    Keep your attitude and keep kicking ass!

    Hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you Crystal...........God Bless You & Your Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer about the supersonic hearing!!! Thought you may have gained some super hero powers or something hee hee Praying for good results on the MRI and bone scan!! Love, hugs,and prayers to you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs and kisses to you, Kevin, Kaia, Caleb, Doodle, Jimmy and Nolan. Yall are an inspriation to us all. Keep on kicking ass!

    ReplyDelete